Here are some of the Marines scholarships on our site for which you may qualify.
Dolphin Scholarship Foundation grants are available, on a competitive basis, to high school or college children/stepchildren (unmarried, under age 24 at time of deadline) of:
(1) members or former members of the Submarine Force who have qualified in submarines and have served in the Submarine Force for at least eight years; or of
(2) Navy members who have served in submarine support activities (e.g., submarine bases, tenders, and rescue vessels) for a minimum of ten years.
These years of service need not be consecutive. Qualifying time must have been served on active duty; time served as a Naval Academy or NROTC midshipman, in "Boot Camp", or as a member of the inactive or Selected Naval Reserve cannot be used to establish eligibility.
The time in service requirement may be waived for qualified submariners who have been medically retired or medically discharged from the Navy due to injury or illness which occurred in the line of duty.
There is no minimum period of service for children of personnel who died while on active duty in the Submarine Force.
SUMMARY OF ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- High school senior or college student
- Child or stepchild of member or former member of the U.S. Navy Submarine Force
- Unmarried on March 15
- Under age 24 on March 15
- Scholar must attend a four year accredited college or university and intend to work toward a BS or BA degree
Sponsor must meet one (1) of the following requirements:
- Sponsor must be qualified in submarines and served on active duty in the Submarine Force for a minimum of 8 years.
- Sponsor must have served on active duty in submarine support activities for a minimum of 10 years.
- Service years do not need to be consecutive.
- Student is eligible if his or her Sponsor died on active duty while serving in the Submarine Force.
- Time in service requirement may be waived by DSF if Sponsor qualified in submarines and was medically discharged or retired due to injury or illness which occurred in the line of duty.
Creating an account only takes minutes and puts all available Marines Scholarships that match your profile in front of you immediately from our extensive database of scholarship awards.
Create an Account