Scholarships of county 'San mateo' within California
"Here are the first 20 scholarships where one of the requirements is based on where you live."
Some states or counties have hundreds of scholarships for which you may qualify.
If you see less then 20 examples for your state, check back and visit this page in the future. We are adding new scholarships every week.
Peninsula Community Foundation Scholarship
Giving limited to San Mateo County and northern Santa Clara County, CA.
San Mateo Employer Advisory Council Scholarship
Must be San Mateo County resident. 250-word letter of introduction stating goals and need for scholarship. Include address/phone. Discipline/Area of Study Arts/Humanities Business
Hinckley Fund Scholarships
Criteria: Eligible to apply for this support are California residents who are working on a degree in the helping professions, which includes ministry. Contact: Hinckley Fund 3308 Plateau Drive Belmont, CA 94002
CalCPA Peninsula Silicon Valley Chapter Scholarship
Thank you for applying for a CalCPA Peninsula Silicon Valley Chapter scholarship! The chapter expects to award scholarships to students enrolled at colleges and universities in the chapter’s geographic area.
Individual awards may range from $400 to $1,500. We look forward to receiving your completed application.
• Must be a permanent resident or a United States citizen, and either (a) enrolled as a full-time student or (b) working and enrolled as a part-time student.
• Must have declared accounting or business as your major or shown an intent to do so in the future by having taken at least four (4) accounting courses (current enrolled courses will be considered). Please note: single unit courses will be counted as one-third of a course.
• Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
• Prior winners of a Peninsula Chapter scholarship may not reapply
Submit with application:
• An essay on a separate, single typewritten page that describes your interest in accounting and your career goals.
• Copy of transcript from all colleges/universities attended in the past five years; unofficial, online printouts are acceptable to document previous college attendance. An official transcript must be received with application. Evidence of current enrollment must be provided.
Bobette Bibo Gugliotta Memorial Scholarship for Creative Writing
The Gugliotta Scholarship awards students who are studying creative writing. The $2,000 prize is available to college students who have graduated from high schools in San Mateo County or northern Santa Clara County (Daly City through Mountain View). Type: Undergraduate Study Eligibility Requirements: Class standing Freshman - Sophomore - Junior - Senior - Graduate Student Discipline/Area of Study Arts/Humanities Citizenship - U.S. Citizen Must have graduated from high schools in San Mateo County or northern Santa Clara County (Daly City through Mountain View).
Curry Award for Girls and Young Women
Young woman aged 16 to 26 - Current resident of San Mateo County - United States citizen - Demonstrated financial hardship - Applicant must be a current graduating senior, a high school graduate, or have a G.E.D. certificate.