Scholarships of county 'Kern' within California
"Here are the first 20 scholarships where one of the requirements is based on where you live."
Some states or counties have hundreds of scholarships for which you may qualify.
If you see less then 20 examples for your state, check back and visit this page in the future. We are adding new scholarships every week.
Tenneco Inc. Contribution
For deserving students, with priority given to students from Kern County
CalCPA Bakersfield Chapter Scholarship
The chapter will award scholarships to graduate and undergraduate students selected from your college-based criteria set forth below. Individual awards may range from $500-$5,000. We look forward to receiving your completed application.
• Enrolled in an accounting program or declared accounting as major or area of concentration;
• Completed general education requirements with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher, and 3.25 or higher in
• Applicants must be members of CalCPA. A membership application is included at the website
• Additional criteria on the application form.
Submit with application:
• Two letters of recommendation: At least one from a college professor and one from a work-related
individual, if applicable, regarding the applicant’s character (honesty, integrity, leadership capabilities,
motivation and ability to accept responsibilities, etc.); intellectual ability and communication skills; and
desire to become a CPA;
• A written essay (maximum of 250 words) describing why you have an interest in an accounting career and
describing your career goals;
• A signed declaration attesting to eligibility;
• Copy of transcript; and
• Copy of résumé.