Applicants for this scholarship award must:
1. Be a high school senior (and US citizen) graduating from the Long Beach Unified School District.
2. Plan to enroll in a full-time course of study which leads to a degree and a teaching credential at an accredited four-year public college or university in the state of California.
3. Demonstrate a strong commitment and interest in pursuing a career in public education as a K-12 public school teacher in California.
4. Demonstrate outstanding scholastic ability, and a determination to graduate from college and become a public school teacher.
For this scholarship you must arrange for at least two letters of recommendation.
• At least one letter must be from a member of your school staff (e.g. teacher, academic counselor, principal, etc.).
• At least one letter must be from an unrelated adult who has been involved with you in some significant activity outside of school.
Year of Need: College Freshman,
Type: Merit Based
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: Varies
Orange County Community Foundation
4041 MacArthur Blvd #510 Suite 100
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Contact Person: Scholarship Coordinator