The purpose for this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to an engineering student pursuing a career in the application of the art of welding in civil and structural engineering.
The Arsham Amirikian Welding Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student pursuing a minimum four-year bachelors degree in civil engineering or welding related degree at an accredited university. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
1. Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
2. Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
3. Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
4. Proof of financial need is required to qualify.
5. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and plan to attend an accredited engineering school located within the United States
6. Applicant must submit all required application information.
7. Maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average throughout the academic year to apply for continued assistance in successive years. The maximum time allowed for financial aid under this grant is four years.
The award will be presented to individuals nationwide. Applicant does not have to be a member of the American Welding Society.
The AWS Foundation does not discriminate by age, race, color, national origin, disability, creed, or gender.
The recipient will be chosen by a Selection Committee comprised of five (5) members, selected by the Education Scholarship Committee. The Selection Committee will determine award recipient in February of each year. Recipient will be announced at the National Awards Luncheon.
One $2,500 award will be given annually. No recipient shall receive more than one AWS National Scholarship award per year.
No awards will be paid to the recipient. All awards are for tuition and books only, and will be paid directly to the academic institution by the AWS Foundation.
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior,
Type: Needs Based
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: 2,500
Max Award: 2,500
AWS Foundation, Inc.
8669 Doral Blvd., Suite 130
Doral, FL 33166
Phone: 800-443-9353 ext. 212 or 305-445-6628