The Economic Club of Grand Rapids established a fund in 2000 to provide financial assistance to students pursuing study abroad in business. The Economic Club is an association of individuals interested in and contributing to the growing economic health of the Grand Rapids metropolitan area. One (or more) scholarships of up to $2000 will be awarded annually. The applicant must meet the following criteria:
• Applicant must have sophomore or above standing at the time of application in an undergraduate business program or in a
graduate level business program at any public college or university of their choice. Applicant must have a declared major in
accounting, business administration, economics, managerial science (all areas), mathematics, computer science,
engineering, marketing, or fields of study related to business or economics.
• Applicant must have at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
• Applicant must be a resident of Kent, Allegan, Ottawa, or Muskegon counties for the prior three years or must be a resident
student at a public college or university in the West Michigan area for the prior two years or more consecutively.
• Foreign study programs must be endorsed and accepted as a part of or as a credit course in the applicant’s degree granting
college or university. Funds must be administered through the home college/university financial aid office.
• The recipient may be asked to deliver a brief oral presentation to the Economic Club of Grand Rapids within six months
of return to the United States.
Year of Need: College Junior, College Senior, College 5th Year, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Num Awards: Multiple
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 2,000
Grand Rapids Community Foundation
185 Oakes Street SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503