Navigation
Public Service Corps Internship Program

Scholarship Description

To be eligible for a work-study placement, a student must be receiving financial aid. Students should consult their financial aid office about the federal Work-Study Program and whether or not their institution has a contract with the Public Service Corps (PSC).  The contract requires that each participating institution contributes (through Federal Work-Study funds) 75 percent of the intern’s earnings and the hiring agency provides the remaining 25 percent.  PSC work-study interns may work full time (40 hours per week) during the summer and during school breaks and part time (20 hours per week) during the academic year.  Students receive an hourly wage which is determined by their school.  The current ranges of compensation are as follows:  From freshman through completion of sophomore year $5.90-$8.81/hr From junior through completion of senior year $6.40-$9.82/hr Graduate school students (1st yr) $6.90-$10.88/hr Graduate school students (2nd yr and above) $6.90-$12.48/hr

As Public Service interns, students will:

Gain valuable credentials, contacts and references for future employment
Apply their classroom learning in the workplace
Gain marketable skills and expertise
Obtain exposure to the broad range of professional opportunities in the public sector
Learn more about specific career options within City government

Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, College 5th Year, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,

Type:

Num Awards: Varies

Min Award: Varies

Max Award: Varies

Deadline: 2017-12-31

Website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/psc_eligibility.shtml

Sponsoring Organization City of New York
NYC Public Service Corps, NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services 1 Centre Street, Rm 2435
New York, NY 10007

Contact Person: Public Service Corps

Phone: 212-386-0057

Fax:

Web: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/psc_eligibility.shtml

Email:

loading...