In memory of George E. Watters. Awards $5,000 to a civil engineering student.
Students who are attending or have been accepted into appropriate college/university programs at the undergraduate and graduate level are eligible to apply. Applicants must be members of NEWWA.
Applicants must reside in New England or attend a college/university in New England to qualify.
Student Application Requirements
Student applicants must submit the following:
• Official student application form
• A two-page (maximum) résumé (that includes educational history)
• Official transcripts of all university education (if applicant has not started higher education, official transcript from high school is required)
• Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a teacher/professor; the second may be from a teacher/professor or professional reference such as an employer)
• A one-page (maximum) statement of educational plans and career objectives demonstrating how these plans are beneficial to water works practice in New England
• Copy of FAFSA (Free Applications for Federal Student Aid) confirmation
Selection Criteria – Students
The NEWWA Scholarship Committee considers application on the basis of merit, character and need to members and student members of the New England Water Works Association, with preference given to applicants whose programs are considered by the Scholarship Committee as beneficial to water works practice in New England.
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, College 5th Year, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Type: Needs Based
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 5,000
New England Water Works Association
125 Hopping Brook Road
Holliston, MA 01746
Contact Person: Jeanine Plummer, Scholarship Committee Chair
Phone: (508) 893-7979 / (508) 831-5142
Fax: (508) 893-9898