The Philip R. Karr, III Scholarship was established in 1996 by friends of Dr. Karr, in recognition of his dynamic leadership and contributions to improved management and operation of public water systems and treatment facilities. In 1997, GAWP awarded the first Philip R. Karr, III Scholarship. This scholarship is a $2,000 award and is renewable for one year, contingent upon the student meeting established renewal criteria. Requirements for eligibility for this scholarship are as follows:
- Individual membership in GAWP is not a requirement for eligibility for this scholarship.
- Applicant shall be a resident of Georgia, or entering or attending a college or university graduate school located in Georgia.
- Applicant shall be a graduate of an accredited college or university, or demonstrate that graduation will occur before August 1.
- Scholarship funds shall be used to assist in the cost of education in a recognized college or university graduate program. This scholarship is to be awarded for studies centered on environmental engineering, water resources, water quality, or related fields.
- A short essay (not to exceed 1,500 words) is required. The essay is to cover the applicant’s professional goals in environmental engineering, water resources, or related fields, and the applicant’s intended use for the scholarship.
- Selection criteria shall be based on applicants’ college credentials (e.g. Grade Point Average)
- Applicants may be interviewed by the GAWP Scholarship Committee.
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 2,000
Georgia Association of Water Professionals
Attn: Scholarship Committee 1655 Enterprise Way
Marietta, GA 30067
Phone: (770) 618-8690