The East Bay Chapter of the California Society of CPAs is proud to announce its Scholarship Award Program. Scholarships
will be awarded to students with interest in pursuing professional careers in accounting practice or university faculty
positions in accounting. Awards may range from $3,000-$6,000. All awards are merit-based.
• Currently attending one of the following colleges or universities: California State University, East Bay; St. Mary’s
College; University of California, Berkeley; Mills College
• Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above.
• U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
• Awards for the Promising Accounting Scholar are presented to students entering the upper division status in their
• Awards for the Emerging Accounting Scholar are presented to students entering the senior year with accounting
major or post-graduate studies with accounting or tax emphasis.
• Prior award recipients are not eligible.
• Award finalists must provide official transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended by Dec. 20
• Applicants must submit a completed application form, résumé, unofficial/official transcript(s), and an essay of
approximately 500 words answering the following questions::
1. What drew you to accounting?
2. What are your goals and how do you plan to give back to the profession?
3. Given that the award is intended to foster future excellence in the profession, why should you be awarded
• Applicants must submit a signed declaration attesting to eligibility.
• Applicants must be a member of CalCPA. Student membership is free. Join at www.calcpa.org/join
Year of Need: College Junior, College Senior, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Type: Merit Based
Num Awards: Multiple
Min Award: 3,000
Max Award: 6,000
CalCPA East Bay Chapter
1800 Gateway Drive, #200
San Mateo, CA 94404
Contact Person: Soco Davenport, Program Associate
Phone: (925) 926-0189
Fax: (650) 522-3052