Pursuing a career in music, specifically piano and/or voice, with emphasis on Hawaiian music, opera or musical theatre
Demonstrate a serious commitment to music training, a career in music and dedication to artistic excellence
Demonstrate financial need
Submit two letters of recommendation from teachers (piano, voice), counselors or music professionals
One-page essay describing the applicant’s music background/education to-date, including any awards or special recognition
Finalists may be asked to conduct an informal musical performance or provide a video of their performance
Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Must be a classified undergraduate student
• Enrolled in a degree-seeking program, unless specifically noted
• Enrolled in a two- or four-year, accredited* college institution in Hawai`i or the continental U.S.
• Full-time status, unless specifically noted
• Demonstrate interest in Hawaiian language, culture, history
• Demonstrate a commitment to contribute to the greater community.
*See website for accrediting bodies that are recognized by the Foundation.
Applications are open to the general public. However, it is the policy of the Pauahi Foundation to give preference to applicants of Hawaiian ancestry to the extent permitted by law.
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior,
Type: Needs Based
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 1,000
567 South King Street, Suite 160
Honolulu, HI 96813-3036
Phone: (808) 534-3966
Fax: (808) 534-3890