Demonstrate interest in the Hawaiian language, culture and history in addition to a commitment to contribute to the greater community
Demonstrate financial need
Submit two letters of recommendation; one from a teacher or counselor and one from a community organization or other citing how the applicant is working toward perpetuating the Hawaiian language
Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Must be a classified undergraduate student
• Enrolled in a degree-seeking program, unless specifically noted
• Enrolled in a two- or four-year, accredited* college institution in Hawai`i or the continental U.S.
• Full-time status, unless specifically noted
• Demonstrate interest in Hawaiian language, culture, history
• Demonstrate a commitment to contribute to the greater community.
*See website for accrediting bodies that are recognized by the Foundation.
Applications are open to the general public. However, it is the policy of the Pauahi Foundation to give preference to applicants of Hawaiian ancestry to the extent permitted by law.
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior,
Type: Needs Based
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 950
567 South King Street, Suite 160
Honolulu, HI 96813-3036
Phone: (808) 534-3966
Fax: (808) 534-3890