This fund was started the year of Ms. Lambertsen’s death. Dr. Margaret Tyson, on her death (2008), left $20,000 to this fund that is given annually to a doctoral applicant in nursing education or administration.
The criteria that are given the most consideration when selecting candidates are:
• Academic excellence, which is given first priority; and
• Potential for contributing to the profession.
To qualify for an NEF award, you must be:
• A registered nurse;
• A member of a professional nursing association;
• Enrolled full- or part-time in a doctoral program in nursing or a nursing related field, with a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher;
• A U.S. citizen or have declared your official intention of becoming one.
NEF scholarships are given for a full academic year and are non-renewable. Completed applications, including all support material must be received in the NEF office no later than February 1. If all materials do not reach us by that date, your entire application will be declared ineligible.
There is a small, non-refundable processing fee of $20 for each application. Checks should be made payable to NEF and included with your application.
NEF scholarships are competitive. The number of awards and the amount of each depend upon available funds.
Year of Need: 3rd Year Grad, Beyond 3rd Year Grad,
Type: Merit Based
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 20,000
Nurses' Educational Funds, Inc.
304 Park Avenue South 11th Floor
New York, NY 10010