The Bonnie Strangio Education Scholarship is awarded annually to a person living with CF who, like Bonnie, has an upbeat personality and a “can-do” attitude.
The Bonnie Strangio Education Scholarship was established in 2005 to honor the memory of Bonnie Strangio. The scholarship is awarded to a person living with cystic fibrosis who, like Bonnie, has an upbeat personality and “can-do” attitude, and shows a tremendous passion for life in achieving their goals despite battling CF.
Amount: $500 to $1,000
Deadline: June 19, 2015
Applicants must be an undergraduate or graduate student who has cystic fibrosis and whose service and commitment to the prevention and cure of CF is exemplary. The scholarship committee will select finalists, who will be interviewed thereafter. The award recipient will be chosen by a majority vote.
Applicants are required to provide all of the following documents in order to be considered:
• Essay (1. Discuss the importance of compliance to CF therapies and what you practice daily to stay healthy; 2.Discuss your post-graduation goals.)
• Recent photo
• Letter from physician (on letterhead) confirming CF diagnosis and therapy routine
• Transcript (high school, college and/or graduate school)
• Letter of acceptance from academic institution
• Detailed breakdown of tuition costs from academic institution
• W2 form for both parents
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, College 5th Year, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: 500
Max Award: 1,000
Boomer Esiason Foundation
483 10th Avenue, Suite 300
New York, NY 10018