To qualify for a scholarship, you must:
Be a permanent resident of the State of Illinois
Be accepted and plan to enroll in an accredited culinary school, college or university
Enrolled as a full-time or substantial part-time student, taking a minimum of 9 credit hours each term.
Major in a culinary, restaurant management or foodservice related program
To be considered for a scholarship, your application packet must include the following:
1. Signed hard copy of application (typed and fully complete). You may type into the application if your form shows blue
boxes that you can type your text into. If not, the document must be printed and then typed.
2. Official transcripts:
o Graduating high school seniors: unofficial copies are acceptable, until official copies are released.
o Current college students: transcript must be sent for all academic institutions attended.
3. One essay (250 words minimum)
4. Two signed recommendation forms. The letters must be on company or school letterhead. You may submit one additional
One from an employer or industry professional
One from an instructor in the restaurant and or foodservice industry must be included.
5. Photocopied documentation of honors and achievements
6. A copy of the acceptance letter from a culinary school, college or university.
7. Verification of work experience. Work experience can include any paid employment, volunteer experiences, community
service hours, or kitchen/lab experience as part of your education. You will be judged on the work hours that are verified
by the following documents. No other documents will be accepted.
Copies of paycheck stubs. Do not send copies of W-2 forms;
A letter from your employer, supervisor, or teacher verifying your total work hours. It must be on company or
school letterhead. The number of work hours must be include.
8. Documentation sent separately (such as transcripts, references) from the application must be postmarked by the
application deadline or your application will be disqualified.
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior,
Num Awards: Multiple
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: Varies
Illinois Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
33 W. Monroe St., Suite 250
Chicago, IL 60603
Contact Person: Jenna Zera
Phone: (312) 380-4117
Fax: (312) 845-1956