STEP #1: Make sure you are qualified for this scholarship. Please read through the qualifications below. If you don’t meet ALL of these qualifications you are not eligible to apply.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
· Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America
· Be a graduating high school senior
· Have earned a ProStart National Certificate of Achievement.
Plan to attend full-time or substantial part-time (minimum of 9 credit hours) in a foodservice related program at an accredited culinary school, college, or university
STEP #2: Complete the required case study for the ProStart National Certificate of Achievement Scholarship.
This case study is required as part of the scholarship application packet and must be submitted with your printed and signed application and other required documents as outlined in these instructions. Please put your name on the top of each page of the case study. The case study must be between 250 - 500 words, typed and double spaced.
You are applying for a job in your favorite area of foodservice or the restaurant industry. Write a cover letter to apply for this job. Your cover letter should be written in business letter format. Use your current qualifications, background, and experience. Your cover letter should include the following information.
1. The position you are applying for and what kind of company/restaurant (if it is fine dining, etc).
2. Briefly explain why you are interested in the position.
3. Describe your current qualifications, background, and experience. Provide examples of your skills and training.
4. Discuss what qualities you can bring to the company/restaurant and how your skills will fit the requirements of the position and will benefit the employer.
5. Describe how this job will help with your overall career goals.
STEP #3: Complete the online application form at www.nraef.org/scholarships.
Complete, print and sign the online application form. If you are under 18 years old, your parent or guardian must sign it. Please check the website for more information.
Year of Need: College Freshman,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: 2500
Max Award: Varies
National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
175 West Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1500
Chicago, IL 60604-2814
Phone: 800-765-2122 ext. 6738