This scholarship is for students who will be first-time freshmen including graduating high school seniors, GED graduates and high school graduates enrolling in college for the first time.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
· Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America
· Be a first time freshman. This includes:
Graduating high school seniors
GED graduates enrolling in college for the first time.
High school graduates enrolling in college for the first time.
· Be accepted and plan to enroll in an accredited culinary school, college or university. You must:
Enroll as a full-time or substantial part-time student taking a minimum of 9 credit hours each term.
Major in culinary, restaurant management, or other food service related major.
Plan to remain in school for at least two consecutive terms.
STEP #2: Complete the required essays for the Academic Scholarship for High School Seniors and GED Graduates
The two essays are required as part of the scholarship application packet and must be submitted with your printed and signed application form and other required documents as outlined in these instructions. The essays must be typed and double-spaced. Please put your name on the top of each page of your essays. Your essays must address each item in the essay questions.
Essay #1: Personal Statement (Word Count: 150-300 words)
· What is your ultimate career goal in the restaurant/foodservice industry?
Tell us about background and experience. Discuss your education and work experience.
· How will your background and experience help you to be successful in your career goal?
· What do you need to do to achieve your career goals? Discuss your educational, work, and personal plans that will help you to reach your career goals.
Essay #2 (Word Count: 350-750 words)· What experience or person (e.g. mentor, supervisor, etc) most influenced you in selecting the restaurant and foodservice industry of choice?
· What did the person do to influence you?
· What did you learn from this person?
· How will this help you reach your career goals in the foodservice industry?
STEP #3: Complete the online application form at www.nraef.org/scholarships
Complete, print and sign the online application form
Year of Need: College Freshman,
Num Awards: Multiple
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: Varies
National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
175 West Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1500
Chicago, IL 60604-2814
Phone: 800-765-2122 ext. 6738