Delta Air Lines will award a $5,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in an associate or baccalaureate degree program in aviation maintenance management or aviation business management. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the Annual International Women in Aviation Conference (includes round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference registration). Applicants must be full-time college students with a minimum of two semesters left with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
In addition to all WAI requirements, please include a detailed essay (500-1,000 words), double-spaced, typed that addresses the following topics:
1. Who or what inspired you to pursue a career in aviation maintenance management/aviation business management?
2. What is or has been your greatest life challenge, and how has it enriched your and/or someone else’s life?
3. If someone else was to describe your greatest strength, what would it be and why, and what do you consider to be your strongest characteristic and why?
4. What has been your most memorable academic experience and how did you handle this situation?
5. Why are you the most qualified candidate for the Delta Air Lines Maintenance Management/Aviation Business Management Scholarship?
(Scholarship value $5,000: Includes flight to and from conference and conference admission and lodging. Estimated total value $7,000)
Year of Need: College Senior,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 7,000
Women in Aviation, International
WAI Scholarships 3647 State Route 503 South
West Alexandria, OH 45381
Contact Person: Donna Wallace