The Sacks for CF Scholarship is related to quarterback sacks made during the NFL season. The undergraduate and graduate award is made annually to 30 people who strive for therapy adherence and academic success.
“Sacks for CF” means money in the bank for college students who have cystic fibrosis.
For every sack recorded during NFL Monday Night Football games, the Sacks for CF Scholarship Program receives a donation from a Boomer Esiason Foundation corporate partner. Sacks for CF funds are awarded annually to 30 college students, based on their academic achievements and adherence to daily CF therapy.
Amount: $3,000 to $10,000
Applicants are required to provide all of the following documents in order to be considered:
• Essay (1. Discuss the importance of compliance to CF therapies and what you practice daily to stay healthy; 2.Discuss your post-graduation goals.)
• Recent photo
• Letter from physician (on letterhead) confirming CF diagnosis and therapy routine
• Transcript (high school, college and/or graduate school)
• Letter of acceptance from academic institution
• Detailed breakdown of tuition costs from academic institution
• W2 form for both parents
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, College 5th Year, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Num Awards: 30
Min Award: 3,000
Max Award: 10,000
Boomer Esiason Foundation
483 10th Avenue, Suite 300
New York, NY 10018