The Whitaker Foundation Scholarship Fund. The Foundation intends to support art students with a special emphasis on watercolor and museum studies/art history and to help them meet the diverse needs of today’s professional art and museum world.
Through the application process facilitated by The Whitaker Foundation, students are required to gain knowledge of the Whitakers’ works through their submitted essays or watercolor paintings.
3 Scholarships are being offered:
· Two (2) $2,000 Bachelor of Fine Art scholarships (or BA majoring in Art/Art History)
· One (1) $2,000 Bachelor of Museum Studies scholarships (or BA with Museum Major/Art History)
1. Must be an undergraduate student at a national accredited degree granting institution working
towards a Bachelors degree in Fine Art, Art History, or Museum Studies
2. Must be a student in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA
3. Must be an American Citizen (with an American passport) or a legal resident (with a green card) of the United States. Scholarship winners will be asked to submit their social security numbers.
4. Must be 18 years or older at the time of entry.
Majors: Art, Fine Arts, Graphic Arts, Museum Studies, Visual Arts
Minimum Age: 18
Minimum GPA: 3.0
The Frederic Whitaker and Eileen Monaghan Whitaker Foundation
725 Argyle Ave
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Contact Name: Barbara Cox
APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT SHOULD THEY BE SELECTED FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP.
ALL BACHELOR OF FINE ART APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT IMAGES OF TWO ORIGINAL WATERCOLOR PAINTINGS. ALL WATERCOLOR PAINTINGS MUST BE PAINTED AFTER JANUARY 1ST 2017.
ALL ART HISTORY AND ALL MUSEUM STUDIES APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT AN ESSAY.