Drs. Jack and Gloria Tuckfield established the Jacki Tuckfield Memorial Graduate Business Scholarship to honor the extraordinary life and achievements of their daughter Jacki. Jacki aspired for a better life through academic, spiritual and professional achievements. Business scholarships are awarded to African American students who plan to pursue a professional career in South Florida.
1. Be an African-American United States citizen and a resident of South Florida.
2. Be enrolled in a graduate business degree program at a Florida university during the Winter, Spring or Summer
Term of the academic year.
3. Plan to pursue a professional career in South Florida. South Florida includes Broward, Miami-Dade, Collier,
Charlotte, Desoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Indian River, Lee, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, Manatee, Martin,
Monroe, St. Lucie and Sarasota counties.
4. Submit a one page or less rationale entitled:
“Why I Should Be Awarded A Jacki Tuckfield Memorial Graduate Business Scholarship”
Jacki Tuckfield (MBA, 1996, CGPA 3.9, Nova Southeastern University), aspired to be a Chief Executive Officer
of a company dedicated to a policy of diversity in hiring, promoting and retaining its employees. Jacki perceived
diversity as an asset for strengthening the fabric of human relationships. She endeavored to attain a better
life through academic, spiritual and professional achievements. Her leadership potential was undeniable.
5. Provide an official transcript which shows that you have earned a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in your graduate
business degree program and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2. Only official transcripts will be considered.
6. Provide a current resume.
7. Provide an original color passport photo (of you in professional attire) to be posted on www.jackituckfield.org and for use in
other JTMGBSF publications.
Year of Need: 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 2,000
The Miami Foundation
200 South Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 505
Miami, FL 33131
Contact Person: Scholarship Committee