The Pennsylvania Association of Educational Office Professionals (PAEOP) welcomes all qualifying students to submit a scholarship application for the 2018 Hermine Solt Student Scholarship. This is a $500 scholarship that was established in 1992 for the purpose of aiding students in Pennsylvania to pursue higher education in a business-related field. This scholarship will be given to an eligible senior applicant graduating from a Pennsylvania High School or Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School to be used as either tuition assistance or as a school bookstore credit at any approved two or four-year post-secondary institution, college, or university majoring in the business field. (Examples include but not limited to: Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Management, Business Communications, International Business, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing, Computer/Technology, or Secretarial/Admin. Assistant)
Additional criteria for consideration include:
1. Financial Need;
2. Academic Performance (must have a minimum of a 3.0 G.P.A.);
3. School Activities (Clubs, Sport or Music/Arts)
4. Work, community and/or volunteer activities;
5. Traits of leadership, citizenship, and service to school and community with an excellent attendance record.
In addition to completing the attached or online application, students must submit all of the following:
1. Official High School Transcript – if selected an original with a compressed seal will be required.
2. One letter of recommendation from a business teacher or guidance counselor who is knowledgeable of the student’s citizenship, academic history/scholarship, or activities in the school and/or local community.
3. List of all extra-curricular activities, honors, and/or community service
4. An essay or personal statement (approx. 250 words) detailing “WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF 10 YEARS FROM NOW?”
5. Acceptance Letter Showing Business Major
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
Applications will be given a number based on order of receipt. Names will not be provided to the committee and points will be awarded using the approved scoring rubric. Points will be totaled and applications placed in order from highest to lowest. The scholarship will be awarded based on total points earned from the application, with emphasis on financial need, community service and/or extra-curricular activities and overall high school academic record. The essay/personal statement will provide insight as to the goals and future vision for the applicant.
Scholarship winners must agree to let PAEOP use his/her photo and information for their quarterly newsletter or other members only correspondence. The winner will be invited to accept the award at the PAEOP awards banquet in Spring 2018. The scholarship check will be issued by the Pennsylvania Association of Educational Office Professionals (PAEOP) in the name of the student to the college or post-secondary institution the student will be attending. Scholarship proceeds must be used for tuition and/or as a credit at the student book store.
Scholarship Packets must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2018 – NO EXCEPTIONS!
Year of Need: High school senior, College Freshman,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: Varies
Pennsylvania Association of Educational Office Professionals (PAEOP)
386 City Line Avenue
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Contact Person: Lenore Filipovic