The Print and Online News Internship Grant supports Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) pursuing journalism careers in print and online news, where AAPIs continue to be underrepresented. We encourage all college students who have secured a summer internship to apply for the grant to help defray living costs. The William Woo Internship Fund will award one student $1,000.
Eligibility and Rules:
1. Applicants must be committed to AAJA’s mission.
2. Applicants must have a serious interest in pursuing journalism as a career in the print or online field.
3. Applicants must be a full-time college student or recent college graduate.
4. Applicants must have already secured a summer internship at a print or online news outlet/company before applying for this internship grant.
5. AAJA membership is not required to apply, but is strongly encouraged. Student membership will be required for the selected candidate.
This stipend is to be used toward living expenses/transportation during the internship. The selected candidate will sign a waiver acknowledging this.
Year of Need: College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, 1st Year Grad,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 1,000
Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA)
5 Third Street Suite 1108
San Francisco, CA 94103
Contact Person: Justin Seiter