Delta Air Lines will award a $5,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in an Aviation Maintenance Technician Program (A&P) or a degree in aviation maintenance technology. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the Annual International Women in Aviation Conference (includes round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference registration). Applicants must be full-time students, with a minimum of two semesters left with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale). Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
In addition to all WAI requirements, please include a detailed essay (500-1,000 words), double-spaced, typed that addresses the following topics:
1. Who or what inspired you to pursue a career in aviation maintenance technology?
2. What is or has been your greatest life challenge, and how has it enriched your and/or someone else’s life?
3. If someone else was to describe your greatest strength, what would it be and why, and what do you consider to be your strongest characteristic and why?
4. What has been your most memorable academic experience and how did you handle this situation?
5. Why are you the most qualified candidate for the Delta Air Lines Aircraft Maintenance Technology Scholarship?
(Scholarship value $5,000-estimated total value $7,000)
Applicants must be a member of Women in Aviation, International and may apply for no more than two scholarships. Internships are not included in the two per member scholarship limit. All application materials can be submitted in the same envelope. These requirements are the minimum for all scholarships unless otherwise indicated. Some scholarships may require additional information, please read the description thoroughly to make sure you meet all requirements.
For each scholarship include three stapled (no folders) complete application sets (one original and two copies) of the following information:
Official WAI application form
Two one-page recommendation letters (originals - no photocopies)
Typed, descriptive 500-word essay
Copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applicable)
Year of Need: College Senior,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: 5,000
Max Award: 7,000
Women in Aviation, International
WAI Scholarships 3647 State Route 503 South
West Alexandria, OH 45381
Contact Person: Donna Wallace