In 2008, GAWP established the H2Opportunity Undergraduate Scholarship for undergraduate students who enter a field of study leading to a career in the water profession. This scholarship is a $2,000 award and is non-renewable, but recipients may compete for the scholarship in subsequent years. The recipient will be expected to participate in at least one GAWP-sponsored event. Requirements for eligibility for this scholarship are as follows:
- Applicant or applicant’s parents shall not be an individual member (other than a Student Member), or employed by a Corporate or Utility Member, of GAWP.
- Applicant shall be a graduate of an accredited high school, or demonstrate that graduation will occur before August 1.
- Work experience or an internship in a water-related field is recommended, but not required.
- Applicant shall be a resident of Georgia, or entering or attending a college, university or training school located in Georgia.
- Scholarship funds shall be used to assist in the cost of an undergraduate education or training program in a recognized university, community college, junior college, technical training school, etc. This scholarship is to be awarded for studies leading to a career in the water profession.
- A short essay (not to exceed 1,500 words) is required. The essay is to cover the applicant’s interest in, and intended course of studies leading to, a career in the water profession.
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, Trade/Technical,
Num Awards: Multiple
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 2,000
Georgia Association of Water Professionals
Attn: Scholarship Committee 1655 Enterprise Way
Marietta, GA 30067
Phone: (770) 618-8690