In 2005, GAWP created the Frontline Undergraduate Scholarship for the frontline workers in our industry and their children. Frontline workers include non-management positions such as operators, superintendents, laboratory technicians, customer service specialists, CAD operators, etc., but would exclude management positions such as engineers, division managers, department managers, utility directors, and corporate officers. These job titles are listed as examples of non-management and management positions. It is possible that some small utility personnel may have one of these “management” job titles yet not be in a management position, as such those employees and their children would be eligible for this scholarship. Eligibility for the Frontline Undergraduate Scholarship is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee. (Applicants for this scholarship are also eligible to apply for GAWP’s Undergraduate Scholarship if they or their parents are individual members of GAWP.) This scholarship is renewable for up to three years, contingent upon the student meeting established renewal criteria. Two Frontline Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded annually – the General Frontline and the Greene Frontline (in memory of Mr. and Mrs. William J. Greene, Jr.) - and the annual award amount for each scholarship is $2,000. These scholarships are renewable for up to three years, contingent upon the student meeting established renewal criteria. Requirements for eligibility for the Frontline Undergraduate Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicant or applicant’s parent shall be an employee of a GAWP Utility or Corporate Member, or applicant or applicant’s parent shall hold an active, individual membership in GAWP.
- Applicant or applicant’s parent shall be in a non-management, non-engineering position. Applicant shall provide a short description of this position.
- Applicant is encouraged to submit a recommendation from a representative of the Utility or Corporate Member stating why this employee or this employee’s son or daughter should be considered for this scholarship.
- Applicant shall be a graduate of an accredited high school.
- Scholarship funds shall be used to assist in the cost of an undergraduate education or training program in a recognized university, community college, junior college, technical training school, etc. There is no restriction with regard to the course of study that must be followed by the applicant.
Year of Need: College Freshman, Trade/Technical,
Num Awards: 2
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 2,000
Georgia Association of Water Professionals
Attn: Scholarship Committee 1655 Enterprise Way
Marietta, GA 30067
Phone: (770) 618-8690