The CalCPA Central Coast Chapter will be awarding a scholarship to a student selected from your college based on the criteria below. We look forward to receiving your completed application. Funds will be available for the academic year following notification and administered through the financial aid office of the applicable educational institution.
• Cuesta Community College or Hancock Community College applicants must have applied to any accredited California
four-year college or university with a concentration in accounting and plan to transfer by fall.
• Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo applicants must be a sophomore or junior majoring in accounting. PLEASE NOTE: Cal Poly
accounting students should not use this form, but should use Cal Poly’s Accounting Area’s Scholarship Application
and submit directly to Cal Poly.
• Applicants must be a full-time student with a minimum of one full academic year remaining toward a bachelor’s
• Applicants should have attained a 3.0 or above grade point average in all college level accounting courses and in all
college course work completed in the academic year immediately preceding this application.
• Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation—at least one from a college professor and one from a work-related
individual, if applicable, regarding:
the applicant’s personal characteristics (such as honesty, integrity, leadership capabilities, motivation and
ability to accept responsibilities, etc.);
the applicant’s intellectual ability and communication skills; and
the applicant’s desire to become a CPA.
• Applicants must submit an essay (maximum 250 words) describing why you have an interest in an accounting career
and describing your career goals.
• Applicants must submit a signed declaration attesting to eligibility.
Year of Need: College Senior,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: Varies
CalCPA Central Coast Chapter
7127 Hollister Ave., #318, Suite 25A
Goleta, CA 93117
Contact Person: Rita Williams, Program Associate
Phone: (805) 571-1558
Fax: (805) 968-6844