The chapter will award scholarships to graduate and undergraduate students selected from your college-based criteria set forth below. Individual awards may range from $500-$5,000. We look forward to receiving your completed application.
• Enrolled in an accounting program or declared accounting as major or area of concentration;
• Completed general education requirements with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher, and 3.25 or higher in
• Applicants must be members of CalCPA. A membership application is included at the website
• Additional criteria on the application form.
Submit with application:
• Two letters of recommendation: At least one from a college professor and one from a work-related
individual, if applicable, regarding the applicant’s character (honesty, integrity, leadership capabilities,
motivation and ability to accept responsibilities, etc.); intellectual ability and communication skills; and
desire to become a CPA;
• A written essay (maximum of 250 words) describing why you have an interest in an accounting career and
describing your career goals;
• A signed declaration attesting to eligibility;
• Copy of transcript; and
• Copy of résumé.
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Num Awards: Multiple
Min Award: 500
Max Award: 5,000
CalCPA Bakersfield Chapter
4725 Panama Ln., D-3 P.O. Box 238
Bakersfield, CA 93313
Phone: (661) 833-0607
Fax: (650) 522-3201