Powering Education Scholarship
This annual scholarship was established by Alpha One to assist people with disabilities who wish to pursue post-secondary education. The scholarship will provide up to $2000 per candidate who is accepted into post-secondary school education (e.g., after high school), including undergraduate college education as well as graduate programs.
• Applicants must have a documented disability
• Attending/attended high school within the state of Maine
• Scholarship recipient need not be a high school senior but may be anyone pursuing higher education, regardless of graduation date from high school
• B average or equivalent GPA
• Acceptance letter from post-secondary institution
The selection of awards to students is administered by the Alpha One Scholarship Committee.
Students must submit:
• A 500-1000 word personal essay stating how your disability has helped shape your view of the world and you as a person
• A letter of recommendation from a teacher, clergy, guidance administrator, etc.
• Current high school transcripts
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, College 5th Year, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Num Awards: 3
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: 2,000
Alpha One Enterprises
127 Main Street
South Portland, ME 04106