To qualify for a scholarship, you must:
• Be a permanent resident of the State of Illinois (under the age of 30)
• Be accepted and plan to enroll in an accredited culinary school, college or university
• Enrolled as a full-time or substantial part-time student, taking a minimum of 9 credit hours each term.
• Major in a culinary, restaurant management or foodservice related program
To be considered for a scholarship, your application packet must include the following:
1. Signed copy of application (Typed and fully complete. Electronic signatures are accepted.)
2. Official transcripts for all academic institutions attended. If you are a graduating high school senior, unofficial copies
are acceptable, until official copies are released.
3. One essay (250 words minimum)
4. Two signed recommendation forms. The letters must be on company or school letterhead. You may submit one additional
• One from an employer or industry professional
• One from an instructor in the restaurant and or foodservice industry .
5. Photocopied documentation of honors and achievements
6. A copy of your college curriculum (from your college catalog) with the number of credit hours detailed. Please do NOT
include the entire catalog.
7. A copy of the letter telling you that you have been accepted at a culinary school, college or university.
8. Verification of work experience. Work experience can include any paid employment, volunteer experiences, community
service hours, or kitchen/lab experience as part of your education. You will be judged on the work hours that are verified
by the following documents. No other documents will be accepted.
• Copies of paycheck stubs. Do not send copies of W-2 forms;
• A letter from your employer, supervisor, or teacher verifying your total work hours. It must be on company or
school letterhead. Make sure you tell them to include the number of hours you worked.
9. Documentation sent separately from the application must be postmarked by the application date or your application will be
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior,
Num Awards: Multiple
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: Varies
Illinois Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Committee 33 W. Monroe St., Suite 250
Chicago, IL 60603
Phone: (312) 380-4117 / 800-572-1086