NCHS is committed to supporting individuals who desire advanced education. We understand the financial burdens families affected by hemophilia and bleeding disorders face, and the difficulties of planning and saving for higher education.
The awards committee oversees the scholarship program offering awards from $500 to $1000 per year to a person or person(s) associated with the bleeding disorders community. The committee determines the number and amount of the awards based on a number of criteria including but not limited to academic merit, employment status, essay, reference letters, financial need and impact on the bleeding disorders community.
Requirements for Application:
1. Must be postmarked by April 1.
2. Must be planning to attend an accredited technical school, or undergraduate college or university.
3. Must be a person diagnosed with a bleeding disorder, or the parent, spouse, partner or child of a person diagnosed with a bleeding disorder.
4. Must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.
5. Must be a U.S. citizen.
6. Submit two (2) letters of support. One must be from a teacher or instructor, and the second from an
employer, church leader, health care provider, or other professional person involved in your life.
7. Must submit a one page essay that describes your dreams, goals and objectives for attending secondary education.
The award committee meets annually in April; all applications must be postmarked by April 1. Incomplete
applications will not be considered. The applicant awarded the scholarship will by notified by May 15.
Year of Need: College Freshman,
Num Awards: 1 or More
Min Award: 500
Max Award: 1,000
National Cornerstone Healthcare Services, Inc.
24747 Redlands Blvd. Suite B
Loma Linda, CA 92354