This scholarship was made possible by a gracious gift of money for the three-fold purpose of helping worthy young men and women of Missouri to secure a Christian education, helping William Woods University attract students of the highest possible ability and character, and helping the First Christian Church of Fulton to encourage participation of students in the active
life of the church.
The fund is administered by William Woods University, however the minister of the First Christian Church of Fulton grants scholarships. It is limited to young men and women who are members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and residents of the state of Missouri.
Basis for Award:
1. Members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Students not from Fulton must submit a letter of recommendation from their pastor concerning their membership and participation in the life of the church.
2. Legal residents of the state of Missouri.
3. Full-time enrollment is required.
4. Demonstration of financial need is required.
Award Value: Varies
Term of the Award: One academic year (see renewal requirements below).
1. Apply for admission and be accepted for enrollment to William Woods University.
2. Submit official documentation from the pastor confirming membership.
3. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have the results sent to William Woods University.
Conditions for Award Renewal:
1. Maintain a strong academic standing.
2. Maintain a full-time academic course load.
3. The recipient agrees to be faithful in his/her attendance at worship, and will participate as fully as possible in the life of the First Christian Church while in Fulton.
4. Where abilities permit, the recipient agrees to offer his/her service in teaching within the children’s division or singing in the church choir.
Year of Need: College Freshman,
Type: Needs Based
Num Awards: Multiple
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: Varies
William Woods University
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator One University Avenue
Fulton, MO 65251
Phone: 800-995-3159 / 573-642-2251