Scholarship Instructions for Tennessee Students
1. The R.J. Hill Consulting Scholarship is an award of $500.00. This scholarship is intended for award to a student who intends on pursuing a career in (1) mechanical engineering or (2) any engineering discipline. These instructions apply to any Tennessee high school student desiring to attend any Tennessee public university where a course of study in engineering is available. These instructions also apply to students who are residents of Tennessee and are already enrolled in an engineering curriculum, in a Tennessee public university, and desiring to obtain additional financial aid by applying for this scholarship.
2. High school students must graduate from high school no later than May 31, 2014.
3. The student must also make application to their university of choice by the school’s deadline date in time to be enrolled for the fall semester beginning in August of 2014.
4. Acceptance by the university will be verified. It will be the student’s responsibility to make sure that the registrar at the university has all the information it needs in order to identify the student when verification is attempted.
5. In order to be considered for the R.J. Hill Consulting Scholarship, all students must submit a brief letter of introduction. The letter should also be addressed to R.J. Hill Consulting, 240 Mayfield Dr. Suite 102, Smyrna, TN 37167. Our address is also given in our website, www.rjhill.com on the “Contact Us” page.
6. The letter should state why the student is interested in the scholarship and should serve as a brief introduction to the essay that will also be required. The letter should also give the student’s contact information in the event that the student is selected for award. The contact information given should include the student’s full name, address, telephone number, and email address if possible.
7. Along with the letter of introduction, all students will be required to submit an essay of not more than 500 words in length. The essay will describe what the student’s area of concentration will be and what they intend to do with their degree.
8. In addition, high school students will submit an official transcript of their high school grades through at least the first half of the school year. The first half of the school year is assumed to proceed from the first day of the school year through the last day in December prior to the Christmas and New Year’s break. Enrolled college students should submit an official transcript of their grades through the last semester attended.
9. Furthermore, ACT/SAT scores are also required. Since ACT and SAT exams are administered throughout the year and students can retake the exams in order to get the highest score possible, the student should consider the testing schedule in order to make sure that they don’t miss the submission deadline of March 31, 2014. Enrolled college students should make sure that their ACT/SAT scores are on their official transcript. If not, please provide verifiable proof of your test scores.
10. The entire application package consisting of the letter of introduction, essay, transcript of grades and ACT/SAT exam score has to be received by R.J. Hill Consulting by March 31, 2014 in order to be considered.
11. Beginning on April 1, 2014, the applications will be reviewed.
12. It is anticipated that the award winner will be announced sometime in May.
13. If there are any questions about the procedure, R.J. Hill Consulting can be contacted either by phone or email as stated in our website, www.rjhill.com
Year of Need: College Freshman,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: 500
Max Award: Varies
R.J. Hill Consulting
240 Mayfield Dr. Suite 102
Smyrna, TN 37167
Contact Person: R.J. Hill