The late Carl W. Christiansen, CPA established a scholarship fund in 1974. The purpose of this fund was to assist students who hope to join the public accounting profession, by granting scholarships to help defray the cost of a college education.
Criteria for Applicants
• Applicants must be a legal resident of the State of Rhode Island.
• Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
• Applicant must have expressed an interest in public accounting during any of her undergraduate/graduate years - matriculating years.
• Applicant must obtain an overall academic average of 3.0 on a scale of four or its equivalent and in the opinion of the Accounting Department faculty, demonstrate the potential to become a valued member of the Public Accounting Profession.
• Complete the application in full. Use the reverse side if additional space is necessary.
• Submit a short (less than 1 page) typewritten memo illustrating your interest in Public Accounting.
• Submit a copy of your transcript.
• Submit a letter of recommendation from a member of the Accounting Faculty at your school.
• Submit proof of BOTH: U.S. Citizenship and Rhode Island Residency.
o Examples: Naturalization papers, birth certificate, copy of driver’s license, state-issued identification card.
• Finalists may be requested to attend a personal interview with member of the RI Society of CPAs.
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, College 5th Year, 1st Year Grad, 2nd Year Grad,
Num Awards: 1
Min Award: Varies
Max Award: Varies
Rhode Island Society of CPAs
40 Sharpe Drive, Unit 5
Cranston, RI 02920
Contact Person: Robert A. Mancini - Executive Director RI Society of CPAs